A Visceral Problem Needs a Visceral Solution [Part 12 of 13]
Here's the Recap:
Our coaching is a reflection of how masterfully we have embodied our own feelings, intentions, and insights. The problem is it’s easy for feelings to override your best intentions. Especially since insights and ah-ha’s can give you a false sense of awakening.
Here’s the truth: Your head will not get you where you want to go. You must use your whole body, heart, spirit, and mind to move past your past.
That’s why thinking is nice but without a visceral experience of your very visceral problem, things will not change. (But you already know that!)
Line twelve of the Master Coach Manifesto: “A Master Coach supports the client in staying centered in their heart because they know a visceral problem can only be solved by a visceral solution.”
Moments You Don't Want to Miss!
- 3:30 – A visceral problem can only be solved by a visceral solution
- 5:34 – A problem isn’t solved because they think better
- 6:07 – Get them out of their head and into their heart
- 6:53 – When you’re client is confused, you’re getting somewhere
- 7:43 – Crying, silence, “what?!” are all powerful visceral cues
- 9:16 – Don’t make your clients confusion your fault
- 10:40 – If you only use this, you’re not trusting yourself
- 10:59 – Question of the Day: “Rhonda, coaching is a new, but rapidly growing field. Some certification programs are yearlong, some are six months, and some are just one weekend, which seems crazy to me. What should we look for in a coaching program to ensure the most confidence in our skills when it’s over? Like looking for the right college.”
- 11:42 – Insights and ah-ha’s alone do not change lives
- 14:21 – Did you get this in your coaching training?
- 15:53 – Coaching with peers is ineffective, here’s why
- 17:10 – Who is your ideal practice client?
- 19:42 – Are you completing the worksheets?
- 20:48 – Neuroscientist says it’s the filter that matters
- 21:28 – How did you give up resentment Rhonda?
- 23:46 – Here’s what you have to get good at to be there for your client
- 24:33 – Tip of the Day: “Are you willing to love yourself enough to have the courage to help yourself and your clients move into the visceral environment?”
- 25:04 – Are you willing to experience all of your feelings to be a better Coach?
Wanna Dive Deeper? Join the MCM Insider Club!
Already an insider?
Become an Insider
Spread the Word!
If you liked this episode