No Such Thing as a Mistake [Part 5 of 13]
Here's the Recap:
One of my favorite lines in the Master Coach Manifesto is: “A Master Coach coaches beyond right or wrong or bad or good because there is no such thing as a mistake.”
Here’s what I know: There’s no benefit to blaming and shaming for mistakes. The same is true for withholding innocence. Seeing your own innocence, and your clients is a cure-all for reframing your past into a new present that you’ll be proud of. And even more important, you will be able to let go of guilt and breath!
Moments You Don't Want to Miss!
- 04:51 – Go beyond the current problem
- 07:06 – This belief limits your capacity to help your clients
- 07:38 – Three things needed for transformation
- 08:48 – Downfall of “I should have known better.”
- 10:03 – Coaching skill of seeing innocence
- 10:45 – More you know, the crueler you can become
- 11:59 – Wrong way to motivate yourself and robot results
- 13:30 – What if you saw your client’s innocence?
- 14:17 – Coaching Roleplay: Mistakes
- 17:40 – Ask coaching questions to eliminate guilt, shame, etc.
- 18:08 – Forget 10. Six is fine.
- 18:20 – Where striving for 10 comes from
- 20:15 – Meaning of mistake
- 20:46 – Coaching Tip of The Day: Do you see your own innocence and do you see your client’s?
- 22:18 – Question of the Day:“My client came to me saying that she wants to have a baby with her husband because she’s getting older and believes that kids bring couples joy and therefore, brings them closer together.”
- 23:35 – Clarity comes when any answer to the same question is okay
- 24:30 – “Your yes means nothing if you can’t say no.”
Wanna Dive Deeper? Join the MCM Insider Club!
Already an insider?
Become an Insider
Spread the Word!
If you liked this episode