The Importance of Seeing Clients Innocence [Part 09 of 13]
Here's the Recap:
One of my biggest pet peeves is hearing a coach label their client a: ‘resistant client’ or ‘difficult client.’ That isn’t even possible once you understand how fear works and the power of innocence.
When you see through the eyes of innocence, you will soon believe that your client is never purposely sabotaging themselves or being resistant, or hurting their chances for success. They’re not purposely wrecking their lives or making bad choices.
That’s why today we are focusing on line nine of the Master Coach Manifesto:
“A Master Coach speaks to their client’s innocence, creating safety and deep healing, allowing their client to trust themselves again.”
Listen to the episode to find out more…
Moments You Don't Want to Miss!
- 3:02 – “A Master Coach speaks to their client’s innocence, creating safety and deep healing, allowing their client to trust themselves again.”
- 4:44 – You are not the solution to your client’s problem
- 5:00 – Why asking questions matters
- 5:31 – Your client is not purposely sabotaging themselves, here’s what to say…
- 8:02 – Seeing your clients innocence creates an opportunity for great healing
- 8:27 – Why understanding the importance of needs helps you see innocence
- 9:20 – How needs and fear walk hand-in-hand
- 9:37 – Roleplay: What to say when you’re practicing innocence
- 10:10 – Do not coach to urgency here’s why
- 10:50 – There’s no such thing as wasted time
- 14:52 – You’re client wants you to buy into their view of themselves, do this instead
- 15:20 – How our need for safety can invite fear in to run our lives
- 16:07 – Their problem is the vehicle for your clients transformation
- 18:28 – Coaching Tip of the Day: “Your ability to live in the unknown equals your ability to be free.” – Rhonda Britten
- 19:04 – You’re either seeing innocence or getting caught in fear
- 19:58 – “Fear can be a great motivator, but it will never let you be satisfied.” – Rhonda Britten
- 20:16 – Question of the Day: “If a client goes off on a rant and starts to get defensive, what do you suggest doing? Acknowledging it, ignoring it? How do I not get in my client’s stuff?”
- 22:10 – Roleplay: Drinking water example
- 25:43 – When your client hires you, their fear is activated because they are facing something that’s difficult and haven’t been able to do on their own.
Wanna Dive Deeper? Join the MCM Insider Club!
Already an insider?
Become an Insider
Spread the Word!
- Rhonda Britten- Master Coach MindsetJune 22, 2018 by Kellyv@CoachForward from United States
I recommend everyone who is interested in upleveling their coaching and communication skills get on board with this podcast! I can listen to an episode several times and continue to find new awarenesses and ways to improve how I coach! At her core, Rhonda truly cares about her audience and how we can continue to honor each other in our thoughts, words and actions with clarity, gentleness and true kindness. If you are serious about coaching, this series is a must-have for your podcast learning library.
- The Perfect 'Coaching Skills' PolishJune 4, 2018 by jecaby from United States
I’ve been Coaching for 3+ years, though with lots of life changes in this past year, my skills have become dull + dusty. I definitely needed a refresher + was thrilled to hear in Episode 1 a few simple tips to do just that ... things I know + have forgotten + things I’ve never heard another Trainer or Coaching School teach. Rhonda is the real deal. If you’re looking to cut to the chase with your Coaching + your clients, subscribe, listen + learn from the very best in the business.
- As usual, Rhonda knocks it out of the park!May 31, 2018 by Jill of MN from United States
This is gold for all coaches, no matter where you received training! As one of Rhonda’s CFLCs, I love the review and freshening up of my coaching skills. This is a must listen for anyone calling themselves a coach because if you aren’t doing this for yourself and your clients, you need to be. This is a great starting point and I know it will inspire many to apply for training from Rhonda and the Fearless Living Institute. This work changed my life and I use it every single day personally and with my clients.
- Real DealMay 24, 2018 by Whimzee<3 from United States
Just as a caveat, I am a self-admitted Rhonda junkie. The reason for that is because she’s the real deal. The information she provides has substance and value. Her work changes lives (I am living proof and one of thousands of lives she’s improved). If you want to become a better coach, or even just a better person, and learn practical tools and tips, I highly recommend this podcast.
- Fabulous inspiration and insightsMay 24, 2018 by Spark Your Being from United States
I just finished Episode 3, and I want more! This podcast dives deep into the art of coaching and is delivered with the heart and humor that keeps it compelling and fun. I’ve been coaching for more than a decade, and I come away from each episode with new ideas for my clients. Keep them coming, Rhonda!
- Very InsightfulMay 23, 2018 by DKitty1986 from United States
Rhonda has a way of clearly and concisely articulating the concepts. When she talks, it just seems to “click.” Extremely skilled coach and a must listen for anyone in the industry.
- If you are a professional coach, you NEED this!May 22, 2018 by Vicegarcia from United States
Rhonda is teaching the ART of coaching. It's not just asking questions. There are nuances and subtleties that most coaching schools do not teach you. If you truly want to be a master coach, you need to hear what Rhonda is teaching. Set aside your experience and what you think you already know, and listen. Apply it. And see how it up-levels your coaching.
- alicemcolemanlifecoachMay 22, 2018 by amcsyncronicity from United States
If you want to uplevel your coaching to a place it has never been before, you MUST listen to Rhonda! Her insight, approach and years of experience are brilliant. She has changed the way I coach people of all ages in all areas of their lives...amazing!!!
- No coach should miss this!February 13, 2018 by Fanofotherspiderwebgames from United States
Want the real deal? Rhonda's depth of coaching and coach training is the best. She will challenge your assumptions about EVERYTHING you know about coaching and about yourself. Well worth listening and learning.
As the first Life Coach on reality television in the world, I've won an Emmy for changing lives on the hit NBC show Starting Over, named its “most valuable player” by The New York Times, and heralded as “America's Favorite Life Coach."
To date, I’ve altered lives in over 600 episodes of reality television and authored four bestselling books, 150K copies of my #1 hit - Fearless Living - have been sold and I’ve been on the couch with Oprah more than once.
Proud to be the Founder of the Fearless Living Institute (Courses & Workshops devoted to mastering all kinds of fear) and Head of the Life Coach Certification Program (called the “Ivy League of Life Coach Training”). We will show you how to have the clarity, confidence, courage - and yes, compassion - to live and coach fearlessly. Welcome home.
MEET RHONDA LIVE
Become A Coach
Catch us on Instagram
If you liked this episode