Your Definition of Success is Keeping You Stuck [Season 1 Ep 2]
Here's the Recap:
Welcome to Season 1, Episode 2 of Master Coach Mindset™ with Rhonda Britten. In today’s episode, I discuss how your success definition makes or breaks your ability to be happy. We’re diving deep into the second line of the Master Coach Manifesto™: “A Master Coach doesn’t judge time or results but uses a different set of criteria to determine success.”
So do you ignore time or results? Well, kinda. But not in the way you might think. Many times our clients believe they know the results they want but how often are those results taking them down a path that isn’t theirs?
Our job as Coaches is to create a new way to define success for our clients (and ourselves) that go beyond goals or perfect situations but rather we want to create a definition of success that outlasts any relationship, any career, any project. When we do that, we give our clients a more expansive view of what’s possible including the real reason they hire us: To become the people they were born to be.
Moments You Don't Want to Miss!
- 04:55 – How to create a definition of success that grows with you
- 06:01 – Fear isn’t going anywhere so now what?
- 08:01 – I don’t focus on results with my clients, I do this instead
- 11:06 – Do you know the #1 regret people have on their deathbeds?
- 12:11 – Broken Dreams are never lost. Listen to Rhonda’s story about how her dead dream reincarnated into living in another country and changing lives all over the world.
- 21:57 – What does God have to do with your desires?
- 23:31 – Question of the Day: If a potential client comes to you with several goals, where do you start in order to be the most effective coach?
Wanna Dive Deeper? Join the MCM Insider Club!
Already an insider?
Join Our Community
Spread the Word!
- The Perfect 'Coaching Skills' PolishJune 4, 2018 by jecaby from United States
I’ve been Coaching for 3+ years, though with lots of life changes in this past year, my skills have become dull + dusty. I definitely needed a refresher + was thrilled to hear in Episode 1 a few simple tips to do just that ... things I know + have forgotten + things I’ve never heard another Trainer or Coaching School teach. Rhonda is the real deal. If you’re looking to cut to the chase with your Coaching + your clients, subscribe, listen + learn from the very best in the business.
- As usual, Rhonda knocks it out of the park!May 31, 2018 by Jill of MN from United States
This is gold for all coaches, no matter where you received training! As one of Rhonda’s CFLCs, I love the review and freshening up of my coaching skills. This is a must listen for anyone calling themselves a coach because if you aren’t doing this for yourself and your clients, you need to be. This is a great starting point and I know it will inspire many to apply for training from Rhonda and the Fearless Living Institute. This work changed my life and I use it every single day personally and with my clients.
- Real DealMay 24, 2018 by Whimzee<3 from United States
Just as a caveat, I am a self-admitted Rhonda junkie. The reason for that is because she’s the real deal. The information she provides has substance and value. Her work changes lives (I am living proof and one of thousands of lives she’s improved). If you want to become a better coach, or even just a better person, and learn practical tools and tips, I highly recommend this podcast.
- Fabulous inspiration and insightsMay 24, 2018 by Spark Your Being from United States
I just finished Episode 3, and I want more! This podcast dives deep into the art of coaching and is delivered with the heart and humor that keeps it compelling and fun. I’ve been coaching for more than a decade, and I come away from each episode with new ideas for my clients. Keep them coming, Rhonda!
- Very InsightfulMay 23, 2018 by DKitty1986 from United States
Rhonda has a way of clearly and concisely articulating the concepts. When she talks, it just seems to “click.” Extremely skilled coach and a must listen for anyone in the industry.
- If you are a professional coach, you NEED this!May 22, 2018 by Vicegarcia from United States
Rhonda is teaching the ART of coaching. It's not just asking questions. There are nuances and subtleties that most coaching schools do not teach you. If you truly want to be a master coach, you need to hear what Rhonda is teaching. Set aside your experience and what you think you already know, and listen. Apply it. And see how it up-levels your coaching.
- alicemcolemanlifecoachMay 22, 2018 by amcsyncronicity from United States
If you want to uplevel your coaching to a place it has never been before, you MUST listen to Rhonda! Her insight, approach and years of experience are brilliant. She has changed the way I coach people of all ages in all areas of their lives...amazing!!!
- No coach should miss this!February 13, 2018 by Fanofotherspiderwebgames from United States
Want the real deal? Rhonda's depth of coaching and coach training is the best. She will challenge your assumptions about EVERYTHING you know about coaching and about yourself. Well worth listening and learning.
As the first Life Coach on reality television in the world, I've won an Emmy for changing lives on the hit NBC show Starting Over, named its “most valuable player” by The New York Times, and heralded as “America's Favorite Life Coach."
To date, I’ve altered lives in over 600 episodes of reality television and authored four bestselling books, 150K copies of my #1 hit - Fearless Living - have been sold and I’ve been on the couch with Oprah more than once.
Proud to be the Founder of the Fearless Living Institute (Courses & Workshops devoted to mastering all kinds of fear) and Head of the Life Coach Certification Program (called the “Ivy League of Life Coach Training”). We will show you how to have the clarity, confidence, courage - and yes, compassion - to live and coach fearlessly. Welcome home.
MEET RHONDA LIVE
Become A Coach
Catch us on Instagram
If you liked this episode